A cornbread stuffing that is as full of colour as it is flavour. Loaded with chopped fresh herbs and sauteed celery, onion and garlic, this cornbread stuffing will easily become a family favourite. Use it to stuff a turkey or make it as a side dish.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 stalks celery chopped fine
- 1½ tbsp fresh sage (or 1½ tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp milk
- 4-5 cups crumbled cornbread Here is a great recipe for cornbread https://cansanity.com/?page_id=1835
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat. Add the chopped onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add the chopped celery and cook for 2 minutes then add the minced garlic and saute for 1 more minute.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the crumbled cornbread, the chopped fresh herbs and the salt and pepper. Stir to combine and add additional salt and pepper to adjust the seasonings to your taste.
- Add the milk to moisten the stuffing.
When I make this stuffing to stuff a 20-23 pound turkey, I double the recipe. If you would like to use this stuffing as a side dish, butter a 3-litre baking dish and add the stuffing. Bake in the oven at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Calories: 283kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 6gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 582mgPotassium: 184mgFiber: 2gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 631IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 131mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!