Spiralized Beet and Carrot Salad
Bring gourmet to your dinner table with this basic salad made fancy with spiralized beets and carrots, celery, blue cheese, and a quick, simple red wine vinaigrette. Carrots and beets will sweeten when left in the ground after a frost. So, I often make this salad in the late fall when I still have all these fresh veggies growing in my garden. If you want to learn more about spiralizing, check out the video at the bottom of the recipe.
- 1 large lettuce washed and spun dry
- 1 large beet or use two small beets, raw or cooked, peeled and spiralized
- 1 large carrot peeled and spiralized
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- ¼ cup parsley torn or snipped. If you don't have parsley you can leave it out
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbled, use more cheese if desired
Red wine vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil if desired use only ⅓ cup of oil. You will just have less dressing to distribute over the salad
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon shallot finely minced. If you don't have a shallot it is okay to leave it out.
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Whisk all the ingredients of the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Spiralize the carrots, set aside. Spiralize the beets and set aside.
- Divide the lettuce between four plates.
- Drizzle each salad with 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette.
- Top the lettuce with the sliced celery and torn parsley.
- Add the spiralized beets and then top with spiralized carrots.
- Sprinkle on the blue cheese.
- If desired, drizzle on more vinaigrette.
- I like to grind on some fresh black pepper and salt and then serve.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 386kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 7gFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 412mgPotassium: 676mgFiber: 5gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 4515IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 157mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!