Fried Spiralized Potatoes
I love adding texture and layers to the food I make, but I am also always looking for ways to do this easily, cheaply and quickly. A spiralizer is a fantastic tool to have in your kitchen to achieve just that. I grow my own potatoes, and so when I want to add interest to a potato side dish, I spiralize the potato - skin and all. Because this recipe is so easy and delicious, you will be so happy to add it to your weekly menu.
- 12" frying pan non-stick or cast iron is best
- optional: baking sheet to use to flip the potatoes all at once
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large potatoes washed, peeled if desired, but I tend to leave the skin on
- salt and pepper to taste about ¼ teaspoon of each
- chopped green onions
- sour cream
Spiralize the potatoes:
- Follow the instructions for your spiralizer to spiralize the potatoes or view the Cansanity video.
To cook the potatoes:
- Preheat the frying pan with one tablespoon of the butter and olive oil.
- Add the potatoes. Put a lid or a baking sheet on top of the pan and cook for 8 minutes.
- To easily flip the potatoes all at once, flip the potatoes on top of the baking sheet.
- Add more butter and olive oil.
- Slide the potatoes back into the pan and cook, covered for an additional 8 minutes.
- Serve, if desired, with chopped green onions and sour cream.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 370kcalCarbohydrates: 59gProtein: 7gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 67mgPotassium: 1681mgFiber: 6gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 201IUVitamin C: 32mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!