Rosemary Grapefruit Vodka Cocktail
Keep your rosemary growing all season long so you can enjoy this unique and refreshing cocktail. For best colour and flavour use pink grapefruit and vodka. But, if you want to enhance that piney flavour use gin. Either way, this cocktail is a winner!
- Cocktail shaker
To make the rosemary simple syrup:
- ¼ cup rosemary fresh
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 2½ ounces grapefruit juice freshly squeezed
- 2½ ounces vodka or substitute gin
- rosemary sprigs for decoration
To make the simple syrup:
- Combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Add the rosemary and cook for one minute.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl.
To make the drink:
- Fill a cocktail shaker three-fourths full with ice. Add the grapefruit juice, vodka, and one ounce (2 Tbsp.) rosemary syrup.
- Shake 15 seconds and then strain into the glass. If desired, add some rosemary sprigs.
- Store extra simple syrup in a jar with a tight lid in the refrigerator. It will keep up to one month.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 266kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 14mgPotassium: 173mgFiber: 3gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 193IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 88mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!