Easy Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
This was a regular dessert in our house when my kids were young. They loved pudding cakes! A great, easy dessert to make but so delicious and satisfying. The best way to serve this dessert is warm topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream but half and half works great too.
- 2-litre casserole dish that is 2.5" tall
- rimmed baking sheet and tin foil
In a medium bowl combine:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
Then add these ingredients:
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Then top with a mixture of:
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup additional cocoa
And pour on:
- 1¾ cups boiling hot milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the rimmed baking sheet with tin foil.
- Microwave 1¾ cups of milk for 3 minutes until boiling hot.
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and the 2 tablespoons of cocoa.
- Add the ½ cup of milk, vanilla and vegetable oil and stir to combine.
- Put the casserole dish on the tin foil lined rimmed baking sheet. The pudding might boil over a bit and the rimmed baking sheet will ensure that your oven stays clean.
- Spread the batter evenly in the 2-litre dish.
- Combine the brown sugar and quarter cup of the cocoa in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture over top of the batter.
- Pour the boiling hot milk over the top of the batter. Do not mix or stir.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Serve warm with cream, whipped cream or ice cream
Serving: 1-servingCalories: 281kcalCarbohydrates: 61gProtein: 3gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 195mgPotassium: 135mgFiber: 2gSugar: 46gVitamin A: 15IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 107mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!