Homemade granola is such an easy recipe to make and it doesn't require a lot of ingredients to make it taste great. Large flake oats, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup and olive oil come together to make this perfect, simple, nut-free granola. Enjoy this granola for breakfast or stir some into plain unsweetened yogurt for a satisfying afternoon snack.
YIELD : 7 cups
- rimmed baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 4 cups oats
- 1¼ cups shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
Suggested add-ins when serving:
- raisins, currants, dried cranberries, cherries or strawberries, flaxseed, hemp hearts, pepitas
- sliced almonds if wanting a granola with nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the olive oil and maple syrup and mix until all the dry ingredients are coated.
- Spread onto the lined baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir. Put the granola back into the oven and turn it off.
- Let it sit in the oven overnight or up to 12 hours.
- The next day, stir the granola and then add it to a 6-cup container with a lid that has a tight seal. Store on the counter.
Serving: 1=½ cupCalories: 258kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 4gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 172mgPotassium: 170mgFiber: 4gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 35mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!