I am crazy in love with rosemary! A desert plant that doesn't require too much fuss in the summer and can be overwintered in a garage or house means, at Cansanity, we don't grow rosemary plants, we grow rosemary trees! This focaccia bread is super easy to make and delicious when topped with fresh rosemary and sea salt. Make it anytime of the year and serve with your favourite soup or salad.
- optional: baking stone
- rimmed baking sheet
- parchment paper
- stand mixer
- 2¼ cups flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup lukewarm water
- 1½ tablespoons rosemary
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Add the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil and ½ cup of the water to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix to combine. Add additional water until you get a soft dough which is slightly tacky. Knead for 5 to 6 minutes in a stand mixer.
- Coat a medium bowl with a little bit of olive oil, roll the ball of dough in the oil to lightly coat it. Cover and let it rise for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Coat a piece of parchment paper with some olive oil. Place the dough on it and then using your hands shape the dough into a rectangle that is about 1" thick.
- Sprinkle the chopped rosemary and sea salt on top. Cover and let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the stone in the oven and allow it to preheat for 15 minutes.
- Using your fingers gently make dimples in the dough about every 2".
- Transfer the dough with the parchment paper to the baking stone. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- If you do not have a baking stone put the parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake as directed above. It may take 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with olive oil. Cool for 10 minutes and then cut and serve.
Calories: 199kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 6gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 487mgPotassium: 74mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 16IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 14mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!