Start your day off right with a hearty home-style breakfast of freshly made buttermilk waffles. Cooked to perfection, crispy golden brown but fluffy on the inside. Served hot with melting slab of butter and warmed maple syrup or your favourite fruit preserve. Take it over the top with a dollop of whipped cream or complete the meal by adding a side of crispy bacon or pan fried breakfast sausage.
- Waffle maker
- 1½ cups flour You can substitute up to ½ cup of the flour with whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and milk together. Add the melted butter and stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and, with a spoon, mix well.
- Preheat the waffle maker and set the desirable darkness. Follow the instructions on your waffle maker.
- Add about ¾ of a cup of batter to the centre of the waffle maker. Close the lid. Follow the instructions for your waffle maker to determine doneness. (Our waffle maker takes about 7 minutes per waffle.)
Serving: 1-Belgium WaffleCalories: 306kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 9gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 480mgPotassium: 169mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 487IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 198mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!