Candy Cane Biscotti
A cup of espresso, a warm fire and a candy cane biscotti is a great way to embrace the month of December! Made with crushed peppermint candy canes and then drizzled with white chocolate, this is Christmas elegance in a tiny treat! Make them to impress your guests prior to Christmas, but keep in mind that this recipe is a great way to use those candy canes, once the tree comes down!
- baking sheets
- hand-held or stand mixer
- parchment paper
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅔ cup (about 8 large) candy canes finely crushed.
- optional: melted white chocolate to drizzle on the cooled biscotti
- optional: additional crushed candy canes to sprinkle on the drizzled white chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter for 30 seconds, add the sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and crushed peppermint candy canes. Mix to combine.
- Divide the dough in half and place each half on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Shape each half into logs that are approximately 1¼"x2"x10½". (You want logs that are uniformly 1¼" high and only 2" wide because they will spread in the oven.)
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the cookie sheet for 1 hour.
- Cut each log, on a diagonal, in ½"-thick slices. Lay the slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 325°F oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove the cookies and cool on wire racks.
- If desired, once cool, drizzle each biscotti with melted white chocolate.
Calories: 105kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 56mgPotassium: 18mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 122IUCalcium: 17mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!