Santa's Whiskers a.k.a. Christmas Crack
Indulge this Christmas season without too much fuss! Melted white chocolate, crispy cereal, crunchy pretzels and candy-coated chocolate make this amazing sweet treat that will have people begging for more. Thanks to my good friend Laurie who shared this unique cookie recipe many years ago. We have a tradition of making this treat, which my daughters have renamed Christmas Crack!
- baking sheets
- parchment paper
- 3 cups Chex cereal or Crispix if you can find it
- 1 cup Cheerios multigrain or regular
- 1¼ cup pretzels
- 1¼ pounds white chocolate
- 1½ cups Christmas Smarties (red and green) alternatively you can use M&M's or Hershey's Christmas Eggies
- optional: 1 cup of dry roasted peanuts I leave these out or use dry roasted soynuts because my daughter is allergic to peanuts.
- Mix all the ingredients except the Hershey's Eggies and white chocolate.
- Roughly chop the white chocolate and put in a microwavable glass dish. Microwave for 30 seconds on high. Remove and stir. Repeat until the white chocolate is completely melted.
- Mix the melted white chocolate into the dry ingredients. Stir and wait 30 seconds. Then add 1½ cups of the Smarties (M&M's or Eggies.). Gently stir to combine. (You need to wait because if you add them too soon the colour of the Eggies will come off and stain the white chocolate.)
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten it a bit, this will not spread too flat, that's okay. (Optional: Sprinkle an additional ½ cup of Smarties on top. Cool completely, in a cool room, on the counter for about 2 hours.
- Break into pieces, keep in a container in the refrigerator or freeze for longer storage. Note: Some of the Smarties might pop off-those are for the cook!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!