I can't resist a pumpkin stand and, in my area, they are everywhere in October. So when I pick up pie pumpkins, I always roast a couple so that I can freeze pumpkin puree for use in the winter months. This pumpkin muffin recipe is my eldest daughter favourite muffin, that is if made without raisins. I love raisins in baking so when I make this recipe, half a batch gets raisins and the other half is made without.
YIELD : 12 muffins
- 12-cup muffin tin
- 12 paper or tin foil liners
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree for tips on how to make pumpkin puree from fresh pumpkin check out this video https://youtu.be/nLimGpVNs2U
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup plain yogurt 2%
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled
- 2¼ cups flour (10 ounces)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¾ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the muffin tin with paper or tin foil liners.
In a large bowl:
- Whisk the pumpkin puree, sour cream, yogurt, eggs and melted butter. Add the sugars and mix to combine.
In a medium bowl:
- Mix the flour, baking powder & soda, salt and spices.
- Slowly add the contents of the medium bowl to the wet ingredients in the large bowl. Stir until it is just combined.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes. Check the muffins after 30 minutes with a toothpick inserted into a centre of one muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are done.
Serving: 1muffinCalories: 208kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 5gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 291mgPotassium: 225mgFiber: 3gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 4863IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 118mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!