Apple Cinnamon Muffins
If you are looking for a tasty, healthy muffin that comes together easily but has your family thinking you are a baking genius, make this muffin. You can feel great serving this muffin for breakfast or as an after-school snack knowing that is loaded with fruit and made using whole wheat flour and other wholesome ingredients. Make the most of apples when they are in season by baking some of these delicious muffins, you won't be disappointed!
YIELD : 12 muffins
- 12-cup muffin tin
- hand-held or stand mixer
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar you can increase the sugar to ¾ cup for a sweeter muffin
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups apple diced, with or without the skin on
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- Grease the muffin tin lightly or line with muffin liners.
- Blend the butter, sugar and egg until smooth.
- Mix in the buttermilk, salt and apples. Combine well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to the wet ingredients and stir only to moisten. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter between the twelve muffin cups and sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Test the muffins by inserting a toothpick in the centre.
- Take the muffins out of the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the muffins and cool on a baking rack. Serve warm or cool.
- Note: These muffins are a very moist and may slump a bit when removed from the pan. They will firm up as they cool.
Serving: 1- muffinCalories: 137kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 4gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 337mgPotassium: 101mgFiber: 2gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 80IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 46mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!