Easy Blueberry Muffins
Blueberries are one of my summer favourites, with countless great memories associated with this fruit. Some of my fondest memories are when my girls and I would pack up and go and spend the weekend with my good friend Michele. We spent the days by the pool, the evenings playing board games, and in the morning she would serve these tasty muffins made from fresh local blueberries. The batter is quick and easy to put together, and the cake bakes up nice and firm holding the plump berries in place. These muffins are made using only ¼ cup of sugar, which means you can be guilt free when also spreading on some jam or preserves.
- 12-cup muffin tin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- Position rack in the oven to the middle position and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Butter or grease the muffin tins lightly.
- Beat the egg, milk and oil in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and then mix them in with the wet ingredients. The batter should be lumpy.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin tins to ⅔ cup full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are a golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Serving: 1- muffinCalories: 157kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 3gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 331mgPotassium: 64mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 62IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 96mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!