My children were raised having pancakes at least once a week and they have named this pancake "Fluffy". This is a high-rise pancake which makes it great for adding blueberries, raspberries or chocolate chips. This traditional pancake is best made using all-purpose flour.
- large cast iron pan or griddle or electric frying pan
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg slightly beaten
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup water Optional if you want to thin the batter.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Beat the egg slightly in a small bowl and then mix in the oil and milk. (Optionally, thin the batter with water to the desired consistency.)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk. If there are small lumps still in the batter that is okay. In fact, small lumps in the batter is preferable.
- Heat the frying pan or griddle to med-high. Add ⅓ cup of batter and cook until small bubbles are visible all over the surface of the pancake.
- If you are adding some fresh or frozen blueberries, sprinkle them on now.
- Flip the pancake and cook until that surface is golden brown.
Calories: 128kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 4gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 267mgPotassium: 75mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 86IUCalcium: 117mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!