My father's parents were Finnish and I am happy to have passed on this family recipe to my children. When my youngest daughter learned to cook, this was the first recipe she learned to make and, to this day, it is still one of her favourite recipes. These pancakes are more like a crepe than a traditional pancake. It's a great pancake to serve topped with blueberry or strawberry preserves and a dollop of fresh whipped cream.
- Cast-iron fry pan or griddle or electric fry pan
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- Beat the eggs and ½ cup of milk.
- Add the flour and the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the rest of the milk and add the melted butter and salt.
- Heat the frying pan to med-high heat and pour in about ¼ cup of the batter. The batter will be very runny.
- Pour about a ¼ cup of the batter onto the hot frying pan and cook for about a minute until the underside of the pancake is brown. Flip and cook the other side.
- Serve with additional butter and maple syrup or top with berries and whipped cream.
Calories: 113kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 4gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 184mgPotassium: 112mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 117IUCalcium: 84mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!