Buttermilk and Greens Salad Dressing
The surprisingly delicious ingredient in this dressing is kale! With such a firm structure, this vegetable holds up well blended into this dressing without turning the entire dressing green. It is usually one of the first salad dressings I make using fresh greens from my garden and it keeps well in the fridge for up to a week.
- food processor or blender
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1½ cups finely chopped kale leaves
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Add everything to a blender or food processor and pulse. I like the dressing to have small bits of green floating in it so I do not pulse it too much.
- Pour into a salad dressing container and use on salads.
The dressing will keep well in the fridge for up to a week.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!