Black Bean and Salsa Quesadilla
Let the salsa, black beans,veggies and spices tantalize your taste buds in this fantastic, easy and nutritious meal that you can make in minutes. The recipe makes four servings but if you just want to prepare one tortilla you can make the filling and save the leftover filling for a meal the next day. A great recipe requiring very few fresh ingredients and so it really can be a last minute dinner choice.
- Large fry pan or skillet
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½-1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup canned corn drained
- 1 540 ml (19 oz) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 large tortillas
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos (optional)
- ½ cup sour cream (optional)
- ½ cup guacamole (optional)
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and then add the chopped green pepper, diced onion and the spices. Cook on medium heat for 7 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the salsa, corn and black beans and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the four tortillas onto the parchment paper lined pans and spread the bean mixture on one half of each tortilla. If you are choosing to add the pickled jalapenos top the filling with those and then add the cheese and fold the tortilla over and press down.
- Bake the filled tortillas in a 425°F oven for 10-15 minutes, turning the tortillas over once during the cooking time.
- Serve tortillas with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole.
Serving: 1-quesadillaCalories: 476kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 20gFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 1368mgPotassium: 558mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1487IUVitamin C: 30mgCalcium: 500mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!