Potato Bacon Veggie Frittata
This is a delicious, hearty frittata that you can make with ingredients that are readily available in most super markets. A slice of this is filled with roasted potatoes, crispy bacon, chopped green onions, sauteed red peppers, egg and feta cheese. This is an awesome make ahead dish which reheats beautifully and can be served breakfast, lunch or supper.
- optional - 10" cast iron skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups (1¾-2 lbs) potatoes sliced
- 8 slices bacon chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt - divided
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- ½-1 cup green onion chopped
- ½ red pepper chopped into small dice and sauteed
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 ½ tbsp milk
- 8 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Drizzle olive oil into a 15x10x1 inch glass pan and layer your potatoes with more oil, and salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes. Let the potatoes cool while you proceed to the next step. You may not use all of these potatoes in your frittata as it is very hard to resist snacking. Don't worry snacking was built into the quantity needed for this recipe, so snack away!
- Fry the chopped bacon in the cast iron pan until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and place on a paper towel lined plate. Pour off most of the bacon grease from the pan, but leave enough so that your frittata will not stick to the pan when cooking.
- Layer the ingredients in the prepared pan. Put the roasted sliced potatoes on the bottom, add the crispy bacon, green onion, sauteed red pepper and top with the feta cheese.
- Whisk the eggs with the milk, add salt and pepper, and pour over the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the pan with tin foil and bake in the 400° F oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and then bake for another 20 minutes or until the frittata is done. It is done when you can press your finger in the middle of the frittata and it feels firm to touch.
Serving: 1- wedgeCalories: 315kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 13gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 231mgSodium: 531mgPotassium: 878mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 773IUVitamin C: 49mgCalcium: 129mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
2 Replies to “Potato Bacon Veggie Frittata”
So yummy, making this again for lunch